Thursday, August 7, 2008

Happy Birthday, Cawo-yine!!

Our baby girl is one today!! We've loved every minute of our past year with her, and look forward to seeing her sweet smile every single morning. It's unbelievable how fast time with these girls goes; I wish that I could be completely happy with the fact that they are getting older, but I find myself feeling bittersweet tonight as another 1st birthday has come and gone. I realize that this is just a part of who I am, though--I have the habit of mourning passages. I HATED soccer, but cried at our last game; I cried at the last day of school every year; I never thought life could get better than elementary school, but then came middle school (and high school, college, and LIFE!) I guess that I can take comfort in the fact that each stage has gotten better and better, and assume that our life throughout the girls' childhood will be the same. The Lord has truly blessed us with these little Angels.

Birth Announcement Picture


1st Cake!


Baby Doll from the Pardues (her Godparents)


Our Little "Dwarf"


Tough Day of Partying for Aly

2 comments:

The Huffman's said...

Those are adorable pictures! Happy Belated Birthday miss Caroline!!! I hope you have a great weekend Karin! I love your blog by the way!
~Erin

Emily said...

Happy Late B-day Caroline!! You are just precious. Karin, I hear you on the saddness of passages...I have to remind myself that it's the way life is:) Give your girls a hug from me!