Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gobble, gobble!

I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and a fun time with family! We don't have another game until tomorrow so Chad had NO practice on Thursday, so we had a great day all together. I'm sure that this is typical of all kids, but ours' don't seem to get sick until weekends and holidays. Our pediatrician's office was closed from Thursday until tomorrow (Monday), so it was not a surprise that poor Aly woke up with a fever Wednesday night!! She was just miserable all day Thursday and Friday; we took her to Urgent Care on Friday morning to find out that she had pneumonia, bless her heart. The upside to being sick on Thanksgiving (at least for a little girl) is that it is the perfect excuse to watch 2 hours of Macy's Parade! Antibiotics work wonders, and she is back to old Aly. Caroline woke up with a fever this morning...OFFICE STILL CLOSED! I'm sure that to our doctor this break has flown by, but it seems like that office has been closed forever!

I think that the lesson that we work on DAILY at our house since Caroline has gotten old enough to play is "Taking Turns". I can see why it's so tempting for parents to buy two of everything! The latest is both girls wanting to dress up as a princess (we only have ONE dress!) This has been Aly's daily uniform for the past month, and now Caroline wants to wear it too! The other pictures are just a few from the past few days. Oddly enough, I did not take ANY pictures on Thanksgiving! We had Chad's parents, sister, brother-in-law and our niece and nephew over, along with a few players...I guess that with Aly being sick and having a house-full, I completely forgot about pictures!

My parents are coming December 24th, so the countdown has officially begun! We have an Advent calendar to count days in December...I can't decide if we're counting the days until Christmas or Nana and Papa! Can't wait to see y'all!!


Just your EVERYDAY princess...


...and Caroline's turn


Playing in the leaves (pre-pneumonia!)


Caroline getting to play with Play-doh



What kind of mom takes a picture of her sick, miserable child?!

2 comments:

georgiamom said...

You have to bring the girls over to rummage through our dress up closet. After 7 years of dress up, dance recitals (they even play with costumes I wore many moons ago) and hand me downs from older cousins--we have a complete mess of a dress up closet. Bring them over!! I can remember when our Cinderella outfit looked like their's. Ours is in tatters...looks like your's will be like that, too someday!

Kristan said...

Oh my gosh..that last picture makes me want to cry! Poor baby :-( Well, sickness has been in and out of this house already and I hope it doesn't come back until next year! Ugh!