Friday, December 2, 2011

Who are the people in your neighborhood?

I realized today that I am more "middle-aged" than I picture myself. Let me explain:

In high school, if I saw certain kinds of cars- mostly either pick-up trucks or little cars of the Eclipse/Probe variety- I would speed up next to them and crane my neck to see who was driving, as there was a good chance that I might know their driver.

In college, I would do the same double-take if I saw cars with certain sorority/fraternity crests on the back windshield. Again, there was a good chance that I might know the driver.

Today, I realized that I now strain to see the driver of... mini-vans! Who would have guessed 10 years ago that I would speed up in excitement to see which friend of mine may be sharing the road with me in her mini-van?!

I guess I'll still take that over looking for my friends in a stretched-out Buick!

No comments: