Monday, August 31, 2009

Once upon a time...

Tonight was a night that has been marked on the girls' calendar for weeks, and anticipated each day: Princess Night at the Chick-Fil-A. Every eligible young lady in town was there for hair and make-up, a jumping castle, pictures with real-live princesses, and best of all: free chicken nuggets! Of all of our beautiful dress-up gowns, Caroline chose the pink one with the gaping holes on each side and Aly chose the very...dare I say 'gaudy'...hot pink and purple ensemble! The family listened to princess music all the way to the restaurant, pulled up to see oodles of beautiful princesses, and made our way through herds of pushy moms and excited kids! We had a great time, and the girls are dreaming sweet princess dreams in their princess nightgowns as we speak. (they're actually singing right now, but at least singing in bed!)

A nice calm dinner with no distractions--yeah, right! The girls with Tinkerbell, aka Mary Burke

My princesses with "real-live princesses"

The not-so-brave Aly on the slide... (look at the bottoms of her socks!!)

...and the classic princess pose by Caroline!

We didn't stay for hair and make-up (partly because the line was forever long and partly because it was already past bedtime!), but I thought I'd include this picture from Chad's hair up-do session this weekend. What a Prince Charming he is!

1 comment:

Cortney Smith said...

Okay, you made my night! You might be the best writer EVER!!!!! The captions with the pictures, make it all come to life!!! I just love yall! So funny! I need to post our big day together... coming soon! As you can see I fall further and further behind! We truly do need that Fancy Nancy book, I think it would top Emma off! WE LOVE YALL!