Friday, May 2, 2008

My Girls

Caroline got her tubes in on Tuesday morning, and did just a great job. Aly spent the night at Chad's parents' house, so Caroline was an only child for about 12 hours. It was really fun to be able to spend a little one-on-one time with her; I honestly think this was the first time she's gotten that much time on her own since she we left the hospital after she was born! The first picture is of her enjoying the fact that she had the entire bathtub to herself, and the second was some good time with Daddy while we were waiting for the anesthesiologist. (By the way...for those of you who haven't met Caroline, that's a birthmark on her head that should just go away in a few years! I always forget it's there, but I wish that I could count how many people ask me if she's fallen on her head..."No!! I did not DROP my daughter on her HEAD!!")


Caroline started crawling ('inching' is a little more like it!) on Saturday. She moves around the same way Aly did. The crazy thing is that she started "crawling" the exact age to the day as Aly--they are totally different in that Caroline is so active and cannot sit still, so I always assumed that she would start moving around faster than Aly did, so it's just funny to us that their crawling timetable is so similar!




This final video is another of Aly, this time dancing to music from "Boz" (she thinks the beaded necklace is a hoola-hoop, by the way.) I know I put a lot of videos on here of Aly performing, but she is just such a clown, and it cracks me up! When I was little (and still now, I'm sure), I was so quiet and shy; so I love the fact that she has the little performing personality that she does! She keeps us laughing around here. As a side note, Aly announced to me this morning that she does not want to wear diapers anymore. Yikes. I was hoping to really get serious about potty training AFTER our big plane trip next week, but it sounds like we may have to use this window while it's open! Good luck to us all!

No comments: