As I thought about it, I realized that Halloween and Prom are really eerily similar in many ways:
10. You decorate with a bunch of things that would be considered either gaudy or bizarre any other time of the year.
9. You visit and revisit stores trying to pick the perfect outfit.
8. You answer the same question leading up to the big day. "Who are you going with?" (Prom) or "Who are you going as?" (Halloween).
7. You spend a long time on hair and make-up, just to find that something is not quite right with the end result.
6. You have to stand around taking a bunch of pictures when you'd rather be doing something else.
5. You get a random group of people together for dinner beforehand but can barely eat because you're either too nervous (prom) or too excited (Halloween).
4. You can't believe that someone else at the party has the same outfit as you!
3. Someone always ends of crying.
2. By the end of the night, you're feet are hurting and you're tired from staying up so late.
1. You're already counting down the days until next year!
Happy Halloween from Popeye, Olive Oyl, Wonderwoman, Supergirl, and Batman