Monday, January 24, 2011

Dancing Cinderellas

I love ballet. I've written multiple posts about the girls' and my trips to Atlanta to watch various ballets and how much we love those elegant, graceful, beautiful ballerinas.
But they don't hold a candle to watching my own girls twirl and kick. There is nothing like sparkly costumes and a touch of make-up to make any girl feel like a true prima ballerina. Add the fact that the entire recital is danced to praise music and it makes for quite an emotional day. There is nothing like watching the two most precious girls in your world envisioning themselves as the Sugar Plum Fairy as they dance their hearts out to "Everlasting God". As I watched Chad watching his girls, I couldn't help but think about the truth of the lines from the Steven Curtis Chapman song "Cinderella":

So I will dance
with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with
Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll
be gone...

They may decide to never take ballet again, but they will
always be our very own Dancing Cinderellas.
Dress rehearsal with best buddies Alli (left) & Lizzy (right)
{and WONDERFUL Ms. Meredith!}

No comments: